The forecast for today was thunderstorms.
Approaching the meeting place for the weekly climb up the mountain, the sky looked rather ominous.
We always go unless it is pouring.
Here are some lessons I learned from today's hike:
1. Don't let a little rain scare you away. I would have missed out on a great climb and great company.
2. Mosquitos come out to party when it's wet and cooler.
3. I'm still afraid of thunder, but friends laughing at me make it better!
4. Athleta shorts stick to your legs when they are wet.
5. Sometimes you have to take a lot of breaks on your way to the top. It's ok.
It did start to rain on the way down the mountain. Good thing I also had an umbrella. It was still a fun hike and the post-hike chatting at Starbucks is always entertaining.
Climbing the mountain also helps me hit my 10,000 steps. I love the feeling when my Fitbit has its little celebration on my wrist.
In other news...the difficulty level is rising on my daily plank challenge. Today we had to do 10 second walking plank, 10 second spiderman plank, right into timed standard plank. Oh abs on fire!
And today I conquered the daily recommended 20 strokes with The Stick.
Tell me something you learned from your fitness today.
Do you exercise in the rain?