Despite the snow storms and frigid temperatures, so many great fitness things happened this month. I'm sad to see February end because it means my winter vacation is also over, but I'm excited to see what March will bring (including warmer weather, hopefully!).
1. Doing more yoga to improve my stretching routine and focus on the muscles that are clearly too tight.
2. Longer and longer runs plus my first treadmill tempo. It's a work in progress, but I'm looking forward to maybe doing it once a week.
3. Getting back to SurfSet after a two month hiatus from knee surgery. Highly intense strength training is addictive.
4. Joining the Simple Hydration Run Team. Best water bottle. Great group of people.
5. My new favorite recovery tool: the tennis ball. I'm amazed at how much better my TFL feels after digging into my glutes with that thing.
In case you missed it:
1. Thoughts That Every Runner Has During A Run - just a fun read.
2. Always #LikeAGirl - the commercial that got things fired up for female athletes.
3. Meet The Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor Who Lost A Leg -- And Then Became A Runner - an amazing story about the journey from that fateful day in 2013 to the finish line in 2015.
4. But You Don't Look Like A Runner - runners come in all shapes and sizes, duh!
5. Oiselle Plans Flagship Retail Store in Seattle - I'm really hoping they consider opening another one on the east coast next…like maybe Boston?!?
What do you want to High Five today?
This post is part of the Fitness Friday link up hosted by Jill,
Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour,