There's not a whole lot of room in a van filled with 6 runners. People always say to just pack the essentials...but what are those exactly?
There are many things we pack to get us through 2 days of non-stop running:
1. clothes - one outfit for each run and comfy clothes for when you're not running
2. running gear - headband, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, watch, water bottle, shoes, reflective vest/lights for night run
3. non running gear - flip flops, compression socks/shorts, sleeping bag/pillow, chargers, garbage bag
4. toiletries - deodorant, toothpaste/brush, Advil, facial/body wipes, towel
5. food - fuel, personal snacks,
But, what do you really need in order to run your relay legs? Those things you would put in your carry-on if you were traveling and worried your luggage might be lost by the airline. The things that just..."make" your run.
Here are my 5 Relay Essentials (I would be totally bummed if I forgot any one of the these):
1. My Mizunos -There is literally blood, sweat, and tears in my Wave Rider 17s. Of all the Mizunos I have worn, this pair fits the best, feels amazing, and looks sweet.
2. Nike GPS watch - I love the ease of this gadget and how it gathers all my personal stats for me. When it beeps at each mile, it's like having a friend with me.
3. Friction Defense - this stick of glide-like-vaseline by Gold Bond keeps my feet pretty, comfortable, and blister-free. Keeps my feet nice and cool too.
4. Big Banjee wrist band - I keep my phone with me at all times, mostly for safety reasons, but also so that I can take pictures. Without this wrist band (by Sprigs), I would have to carry my phone. eww.
5. Simple Hydration water bottle - Another necessary item to keep me hands-free while I run. It tucks almost weightlessly into the back of my shorts and even if I don't need all the water in the bottle, it's not a hassle to have with me.
What items would you NOT want to forget to pack?