December 28 - With three days left in 2011, it is time to start thinking about goals for 2012. I began this year by joining the Nike+ challenge Run 211 in 2011. My previous year of running was pretty UNSPECTACULAR so this was my motivation to do better. Happily, I met my goal in MAY and I have continued to run ever since.
Before deciding on new goals, I thought about some of my favorite running moments from this year and made a list:
- Training with my husband
- My first winter weather advisory run
- Starting a running blog
- Participating in a 5K with my dog
- Completing my first Half Marathon
- Running across the Newport Pell Bridge
- Being asked to be a RhodeScholar for Cox Rhode Races
- Returning to Cincinnati to run the Thanksgiving Day Race 10K
- Dressing up like Santa and running a 5K
- GDTC Fun Run around MHT
When I read my list, I think of how much fun I have had this year pursuing my passion. I think of the hard work I put into reaching my goal. I think about the time spent with my family and friends. The places we traveled. The amazing people we met. The fact that I want to do it all again.
So as January 1st marks the day for resolutions, goal making, and to-do-lists, I too am putting together some things I want to accomplish: